Hi guys, this is the first part of the IT Gov. open course. As you step through the materials, you will notice that IT Governance focuses more on business and talks much about a business than IT per se. So, it’s all about business. Please read them all to give you proper basis about what IT Governance is. Oh yeah, I will state explicitly if there is a particular content that I add it by my self.
Part 1 is an Introductory discussion.
- About the Essence of IT Governance. The sources are partly from ITGI (IT Governance Institute) and the other part is sourced from Strategies for IT Governance by van Grembergen and de Haes, scholars in IT Governance University of Antwerpen Management School (UAMS).
- Corporate Governance. Briefly discusses the relationship between IT Governance and Corporate Governance
- IT Governance according Weill&Ross, from Centre for Information Systems Research (CISR), MIT Sloan.
- Integrating IT Governance into corporate strategy, extracted from Ryan Peterson writing.
- Discussion on Organizational Structure Theory.
- A brief about Organization Decision Making.
- Communication. Communication mechanism is talked in Board Briefing on IT Governance, ITGI.
- Managing IT Function, mostly from Gottschalk’s chapter in van Grembergen Et. Al’s Strategies for IT Governance book.
- ITIL in a nutshell.
- COBIT 4.1 in a nutshell.
- AS-8015 Good Governance for ICT, now ISO 38500.
- Val IT 2.0 Erklärung
- What is Risk IT. I add it myself. It is available in ISACA website.
- Muki’s paper on Describing IT Value Using IT BSC and IT Strategy Maps, in Praha, Czech Rep, 2007.
- Muki’s presentation in Seminar IT Gov UI February 2008 at Bidakara, hasil case study 18 organisasi besar by Lab IT Gov UI
- Muki’s paper about Pendorong, Pendukung dan Penghambat IT Governance at big companies in indonesia (working paper, do not quote).
- Muki’s paper on the State of IT Governance at 103 Indonesia’s state enterprises 2010 (working paper, do not quote). There is no paper available either. Not available in Muki’s homepage too.
- Muki’s paper on IT Gov BUMN hasil survey di 103 BUMN, in a seminar of IT Gov collaborating with Faculty of Computer Science UI. Supported by ISACA, Detiknas, and other private firms. The output has been updated on his dissertation. 16 March 2011, Bidakara, Jakarta.
- Muki’s dissertation about IT Governance in BUMN. Entitled IT Governance Maturity at Indonesian State Owned Enterprises: Contingent Factors & Impacts. I salute you for this!. Sneak peak:
- number of drivers (pressures) relates with IT Governance maturity
- number of enablers associates with IT Governance maturity
- number of inhibitors has nothing to do with IT Governance maturity
- IT Governance has a positive effect on how value of IT investment is being felt in the organization
- IT Governance has an association with bottom line company performance
- IT Governance has (unfortunately) no association (or weak) with IT Risks
- Survey of IT Governance Control Objective Maturity, based on COBIT ME4 – Provide IT Governance. In Indonesia, easy to use and comprehend.
- ITIL version 3. From an official source, only selected the most important ones due to the large repository of books. Indonesia slides are also available.
- Introductory ITIL versi 3
- ITIL v3 Service Strategy: start here, what service business need actually?
- ITIL v3 Service Design: to answer the need, what IT Service should be designed and how should be designed?
- ITIL v3 Service Transition: prepare service to be ease of use.
- ITIL v3 Service Operations: ensure that IT service works effectively and serve user needs.
- ITIL v3 Continual Service Improvement: process continous improvement.
That is it. I am thinking to give it in Indonesia to make the readers more effectively grasp the idea transfer process. Tell me what you think. Happy reading and keep sharing alive.
Disclaimer: I hereby do not claim that part or the whole materials I post in this topics are under my ownership. But I make some modification to make it easier and enjoyable to reader. I will claim some topics if it belongs to me.